Blueberries Are a Gals Best Friend

Saturday, July 05, 2008

Cosmic City


Have been procrastinating about putting the finishing touches on the big red rocket that the boys & I have made to advertise the Vacation Bible School that our church is sponsoring with the neighboring Methodist Church.  Not sure why, I just keep finding other things to do, and I keep telling myself that I have time - as I don't want to put it out in the rain anyway!  I finally measured out the letters on the side of the rocket, and painted them in nice big white caps down the side this morning while Todd & Ben were off at the bike shop.  Our friend Bill called a bit later, and said he would drop by to pick it up with his truck (it is 9' tall and 12" in diameter).

Todd took the boys canoeing on the Little Miami River today.  They said they hit some pretty good rapids.  We bought a used Old Town Discovery about 14 years ago when were relatively new to Cincinnati, from Greg Morgan, who runs Morgan's Canoe Livery in Brookville, IN.  We took it out for a test drive with Greg and his wife, and our then 6 month old Josh who screamed the whole way down - I think he hated being in the life jacket!  The first, and certainly one of our most memorable of many many happy trips in our little green Discovery.  While they were out on the river I took the opportunity to do a much needed cleaning of our office!  Ahhhh - that's better - next up MY desk!

Tomorrow - the big debut of the Immanuel Church Band with me on flute, Josh on Sax and Ben on piano....and friends Jay on guitar, Don on Congas and Jeff on bass.  Better go do a final practice!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home