Blueberries Are a Gals Best Friend

Sunday, July 06, 2008

Sunday, Sunday

Well, the Immanuel Band made it through our first performance today, playing to a surprisingly crowded house - most importantly, we had fun!  Personally, my rehearsal was better then the real thing - impeded by a moved music stand, that ended up right under an AC vent - which blew my music off half way thru a solo - oh well - everyone was singing anyway, so hopefully it was not TOO noticeable!

Bill did a great job transforming our rocket and mounting it on the lawn - see pic in yesterday's post.  After church, the boys & I went to Amol, our favorite (of the six within a 1 mi radius from our house!) Indian restaurant for their lunch buffet.  After that Josh & I did a trial run - him on Todd's bike, me on Ben's with the seat up a bit - to Walnut Hills, where Josh starts soccer practice on Tuesday.  It is about a 4 mile ride - I think he was surprised how easy it was - for some reason it seems longer by car!!  He rode ahead, and met me on the way back - I got a little over 3 of the 4 miles, then turned around when I met him coming back.  Was a fun ride!  much better than the one the other day - we hit a bit of rain, but not much, and I didn't wipe out (always a good thing!) I think having the seat at the right height helped a lot too!

Tackled my desk this afternoon - it is done!! Then did some grocery shopping, and when I got home Todd was here from kayaking with some friends - they put in at Metamora, IN, early this AM, and did quite a long run. Uneventful evening, worked a bit more on my desk, and looked at my work e-mail and schedule for the first time since last Thursday at noon!  Now, time for bed.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home