Blueberries Are a Gals Best Friend

Monday, July 07, 2008

Honey & Cinnamon Monday

A friend from work sent me link to cures that can be achieved by imbibing honey & cinnamon together.  A truly amazing list!  So this morning, I decided to try honey & cinnamon in my coffee instead of my usual Splenda! I have been anticipating a particularly rough week, including lot's of organizational changes in my group, and some resistance associated with the quite unexpected and sudden changes.  Net - anticipating quite a bit of stress.....at any rate, I made this AM change to my coffee, and as I was entering the on-ramp to head to work, I was just flooded with all of these good feelings.....about my beautiful commute, about my wonderful family,  the luck I have had in my life, etc, etc.....I even stopped to think to myself - wow!  where did that all come from??  As I have been in kind of a negative frame of mind in general for the past couple of weeks - this just appeared from out of the blue!  As I drove to work - with cruise control set 5 mph above the speed limit, I just enjoyed the ride, and resolved that this would be a good week for me, and that I would figure out the right things to say, even if I didn't have things completely buttoned up.  

I was in such an obviously good mood at work today, that the folks I work with asked what my secret was!! So of course I shared my theory - they probably think I'm nuts :).

Tonight I drove Josh to see Hancock with some friends.  Ben & I saw it the other day, when I took a half day off from work, and we really enjoyed it.  I love Will Smith, and the idea of a cranky, kind of carelessly destructive super-hero just really resonated with me for some reason - hey it's not easy saving people from themselves all the time. But beyond that, the themes of making difficult choices to enable the people you love most to be who they are,  and how we make assumptions about why we are the way we are, and how that impacts how we interact with other people, were what stood out for me.  (I think that doesn't give away too much of the plot! :)).

Tonight, Todd & I are listening to Wilco's Sky Blue Sky, as I am writing this.  It just absolutely rocks.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home