Blueberries Are a Gals Best Friend

Saturday, July 12, 2008

Jersey Boys

I took the boys to the airport yesterday to go visit my sister Amy & her husband Todd in NJ. They went to the Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island, and the Liberty Science Center yesterday. Today they learned about Pierogi's for lunch, crossed daylilies in the AM, and picked blueberries and raspberries - tomorrow they are going to make ice cream to go with the berries, and go into the city to see "Young Frankenstein" on Broadway.  Today they also did some swimming, took a 10 mi bike ride, and played mini-golf.  I think they will be sleeping well this week!

Last night Todd & I went to Habenero for dinner,  a wonderful little locally owned Tex-Mex place up the street, then came home and watched the rest of the shows on the Star Trek Voyager disk that we had - it is a series of 4 related to the Borg (7 of 9 makes an appearance, and plays prominently in the episodes).   This morning was my hedonistic AM - massage,  pedicure......then came home for lunch with Todd, and in the afternoon, rearranged the bedroom (trying to be more Feng Shui).  Todd put up some bike hanging hooks in the cellar.  Had a lovely dinner with Todd tonight,  and then watched a few episodes of Flight of the Conchords - which I find to be incredibly funny - an HBO series about a two man band from New Zealand who has come to make it big in NYC. 

it is strange how leading up to a period when the boys will be gone, it feels like we will have all of this time on our hands, and get all sorts of things done, but when it comes down to it , the time goes at just the same rate that it does when they are here.......I am wishing I was with them doing all the fun things with my sister - but it is good for all of them to get to spend time together without Todd & I.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home