Blueberries Are a Gals Best Friend

Sunday, April 05, 2009

Auctions

This was quite a fun weekend! Saturday AM, I got up and went to an auction preview at Cowan's here in Cincinnati. They are known for their expertise in American Art & Artifacts, and this weekend's auction was for North American Indian Art - an area in which my BFF Stacy is an expert & collector. There was an amazing chess set there that she wanted me to look at. So I went around 8:30, and found the piece, and spoke to Danica, who Stacy knows from prior sales and she was so nice. She took out the piece and showed me all the details, and also showed me some water colors that Stace was interested in. I saw some bead work pieces that I was interested in, so I registered for a number, so I could go back later in the day. The woman who signed me in lives one block south of me - at almost the same house number as ours! She has livd there for 35 years! Quel coincidence! Everyone was so nice at th auction house. I went back, and while I did nt get the primary piece I was interested in, I did gt a lovely pair of beaded slippers - which happen to be exactly my size as it turns out - I tried them on tonight. They are so beautifully beaded. I also bought a few pots - one acoma piece in partcular is my favorite

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home